Friday, June 29, 2012

You In Spire Me

            A wise man once told me to fall in love with someone who inspired me. His advise seemed adventures and sweet, as though they gave flavor to some sort of pastry treat.  He was a wise man of the age of 60 with dark, short hair and a marriage that had already lasted over 30 years.  One look into her eyes, those dark hazel eyes, and you could see the inspiration he saw.  He saw joy, passion, dedication, and love for life.  One look into those eyes and he had fallen in love. Some mock the idea of love at first sight, some even mock the idea of love.
           I needed to find someone to inspire me, someone who had those eyes that would cause me to fall in love at first sight.  I  have already found Him.  See, one look into my Savior's eyes makes me fall in love.  Those eyes cried for me, smiled for me, danced for me, and fought for me.  Those beautiful, Jewish man eyes, the eyes of the Son of God, came with greater love than any man could hold!
          Within my statement, I will not utter the words "Jesus is my boyfriend," because honestly, He isn't.  My generation seems to envision Christ as a man with abs of the Old Spice guy, the hair Orlando Bloom, and the smile of some boy band.  What I find offensive is the comparison to man young girls place such a mighty and powerful God.  His eyes don't scream of puppy-dog love, but never ending love and grace.
          A relationship, according to modern day humans, is the mixture of emotions and physical desires. This foundation brings quick and "get lost" bonds between individuals before truly getting to know each other.  The "getting to know you" part is the most important and missed step within modern day life.  We don't know each other, nor do we care to start there. Having a relationship with Jesus Christ will inspire you to live a life for Him, to share the Good News of everlasting love. He is not your boyfriend, don't treat Him as such. The relationship with Christ has the foundation of a "getting to know you" relationship.  This requires reading the Bible, prayer, and listening to His voice.
         Focus on Him, and He will Inspire you!

        

John 10:27- My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. (KJV)
John 3:16-17: 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.(NKJV)
 Ephesians6:18- praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints. (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment