Monday, July 29, 2013

Say Whaaat? London's Recap




Say What?

Well, PardonWritersforChrist will be doing a session called “Say What.” Mostly the concept is personal accounts that caused you to think and reflect on the Lord. If you want to submit a Say What, please message us here at PardonWritersforChrist.

My Say What happened on my birthday. A few days prior, one of my coworkers at PardonWritersforChrist asked me how I planned to spend my birthday. My response was, “Sadly, in the dentist office.” We both laughed a bit and had a light conversation. The day I originally scheduled the appointment, I was huffing and puffing about the need to come in to have my two teeth fix on a day that was meant to celebrate, well, me. The red pen scribbling out the words, “Dentist Appointment” on my calendar seemed like a punishment, or even worse, a glob of ink symbolizing my pain.
I woke up the day of my appointment excited for my birthday, but then remembered what I had to do. After brushing my teeth about three times after eating a banana, and managed to remember the floss, I braced myself for a needle to my gums. Now, I am making it sound like I was knocking on death's door, but honestly, they were only two, tiny cavities needing to be filled.
But after the shot to the mouth, and a couple of playful comments to the doctor, the Lord decided to remind me how blessed I truly was and how this was a true gift to be sitting in a dentist chair. Sounds almost silly when you think about it! After a moment, I was really humbled. I was actually able to have my teeth fix to fit within my work schedule, and have insurance to take care of a chunk of the charge. Besides that, I was blessed to have such loving dentists who love the Lord and take good care of me! What I was dreading for about 2 weeks, quickly became a blessing in disguise. I had taken for granted what I always had.
This event reminded me of a recap event at my church about a month ago. A group had ventured off on a mission trip and came back to tell us about their experiences. The one story that truly blessed me was their time to offer medical help to the local people. One of the pastors mention a young boy, around the age of eleven, who was having a few teeth worked on. He sat there happily because he was able to experience what many take for granted. As the pastor was telling this story, the Lord reminded me of how blessed I am to live in the environment He has placed me. This young man found joy in what I was spending weeks complaining about.
My Say What caused me to reevaluate how I respond to situations in my life and to people. I have used this moment to minister to people in joy and glorify Him in the process. After it all, I can honestly thank the Lord for my cavities because it made me realize a lot about my heart and the heart the Lord wants me to have.

I encourage all of you to share your SayWhat's with us and recap those little things in your life. You never know. What you could be upsetting you today, could be your Say What tomorrow.

Have a blessed week,
London


No comments:

Post a Comment