Monday, August 13, 2012

Are Me Muscle Enough

I don't know about you guys, but I work really hard to build up my own strength.  I work out constantly; running to build up leg muscle. I spend a lot of time working on manual labor projects to build up arm muscle.  I don't think I am a wimp. I can take care of myself pretty well. But once I look at an Olympic athlete, or even hang out with a soldier buddy of mine for training, I feel the need to push myself even hard.  I no longer feel strong enough or able enough to conquer what ever I think needs to be conquered.

I watched a little of the Olympics and noticed man being glorified for their own strength. I know these people train their entire lives to become the best in their countries, and then hopefully become the best in the world.  Of course you see the weight lifting competitions.  As an individual who finds joy in picking up a 40 pound box of laundry soap from Costco, watching some girl pick up 400 pounds is pretty incredible.  But as I read through Psalms 33, Exd 13:3, Exd 15:2, Num 24:8, and Luke 1:51, I have discovered that even with the strength of an Olympian we are still not strong enough.  We still need the strength of One. We, as Christians as humans, can never be strong enough. My strength, my abilities alone, have no power to save anyone. Only through Christ can anyone be saved.

Psalms 33:16-17 states, "The best-equipped army cannot save a king-for great strength is not enough to save anyone.  A war horse is a poor risk for winning victories- it is strong but it cannot save."Living Bible

I am not encouraging you to stop your work outs.  Our bodies are temples of the Lord and we need to take care of them.  What I am saying is to focus on Him and have Him strengthen you, body and soul.  Read the Word daily, meditate upon it.   The Word of God needs to be your weights. The stronger you become in the Word, the stronger you become in Christ. 

Real strength is stepping back, and having faith that the Lord will take care of every situation, ever problem, and every praise.  The Lord doesn't care how much you can lift.  Without Him, you are nothing because you are still just human. With Him, there is power!

"But the eyes of the Lord are watching over those who fear him, who rely upon his steady love.  He will keep them from death even in times of famine. We depend upon the Lord alone to save us. Only he can help us; he protects us like a shield.  No wonder we are happy in the Lord! For we are trusting him.  We trust his holy name. Yes, Lord, let your constant love surround us, for our hopes are in you alone."
Psalms 33: 18-22 Living Bible

Trust in Him,
L. J. Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment