Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Carry Me to the Cross



I had an eye-opening experience today. It involved something I do every day, but it shined a new light on me. This might sound weird but I was in the shower washing my hair. Now I love my showers with really hot water and steam filled but today, I also hadn’t eaten in quite a while because of stress and grief from this summer and fall’s events…I’m not going to go into all the details of this season but it has been rough. Anyway, I get out of the shower and am in my towel walking back to my room to get dressed. I feel light headed and weak but I continue to walk and not sit down. I brush out my hair in front of the mirror and cannot see straight. The room starts spinning and I pass out…still in a towel. I try to get back up and I crawl over to my bed and sit for a few seconds then carry on without thinking about my routine. I get dressed but still feel dizzy. I think I have more strength than I do. I refuse to sit back down. There is too much I have to think about even though in the back of my mind, there is something telling me to let myself rest and let go of myself for a bit. I do not listen. I go downstairs to go out somewhere but before I do, I have to run back upstairs and grab something. Finally my body gives out on me and before I pass out again I sit down on my bed and rest for a while. I look at my phone and cancel my plans so I can sleep for a bit, eat a full meal, and regain a bit of stability.
This story today made me realize something. In times of grief, stress, or when life has given us more than we can handle, God wants us to rest in Him. He wants us to sit down and regain stability so we can get up and live life. I believe God gives us more than we, by ourselves, can handle so we will have no other choice but to let it go and trust in Him…I mean okay, one of my close friends died in a terrible tragedy, I witnessed a fatal motorcycle accident and watched the man’s heart stop beating while paramedics tried to save him, my baby sister’s best friend committed suicide, and I have friend and family drama with finances and misunderstandings. My heart has been burdened with so many things and I am finally ready to lay it all down at the foot of the cross. God doesn’t want me to “pass out” from all the burden or stress. He wants me to rest and He wants the same for you! Hand whatever it is over to the Lord. That’s why he died for us after all. Let Go and Let God!!!
Matthew 11:28-30       
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light
-Harmony K.

No comments:

Post a Comment