Thursday, October 11, 2012

Who will you allow to transform you

"To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven

A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones
A time to gather stones together"
                         -The Byrds

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't not normally sing very old, hippy songs but this one just popped in my head this morning as I began to write. This holds ground to my heart as I learn the process of change. I don't like change and honestly, I don't know many people who do. I don't like walking into the unknown and I don't like having to rely on "what could happen" as a guide to my life. I don't like it! Can you tell that I have some sort of trust issues? Well, yes I do, but that is what makes me who I am as a person. But even though I have a trouble trusting in people, this change of season has me really trusting in the Lord more than ever. No matter how hard I try, system of events still manage to transform me. Some events place me in the situation of trial where I have to stand up to what I know is right, and others force me to look myself straight in the eye and break down in tears. There is a time to cry and there is a time to rejoice in a season. I am not perfect, and I refuse to pretend that I am. I have struggled with the same sort of sin my entire life. This doesn't make me stronger or weaker, it just makes me the person I am. Satan understands my weakness, but the Lord remains my strength.

During this season, I have to force myself to look at change and say that I am not going to end up the same person after this ends. But as this happens, I need to question, "Will I allow satan to transform me or God?" This has been the true question of my heart. Of course, in my heart, I always say, "God transform me." But during it all, I can't help but see myself fall towards what I know is wrong and what I have failed in time and time again. Just as before, I need to not lean on my own understanding and trust in Christ. I might struggle and I might feel as though I am in a battle, but as I go through a season of turn turn, I need to let my heart rejoice in Christ.  He will get me through it all and He will guide me towards His direction. 

Time will only tell where He will lead you. Doesn't that sound scary; only time will tell? I mean, that is terrifying,but I know that with Him, I don't need to be afraid of this dark tunnel I feel I am going through. There is a light at the end of this tunnel. If you are going through a tunnel and can't see the end, I want to encourage you to fellowship with other believers. That is the one thing that has pulled me from a time of running from God and back in His arms. The world will slowly push you down. We were never designed to  walk alone. Like the old saying, "It takes a village." Yes, it does take a village to stay on track with the Lord sometimes. Confide in a fellow believer in Christ.  Also find someone who is much older than you, and has been a believer for some time. This will help you as you struggle and rejoice during the time of turn turn.(Proverbs 3:5)

I sound so bleak, and far from my laugh laugh self, but this is serious. This is between following Christ as you transform or following Satan. Believe me, this is no laughing matter.
 
I want to encourage you to read through both Jonah and Job this week.  They are both great examples of men being transformed and lead by Christ. Who will you allow transform your life?
 
Much love,
L. J. Christian
 
 
 
2 Cor 6:14
 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
 
 Job 1:20-22
 Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. 21 And he said:
“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the Lord.”
22 In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.







 http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Jon&c=1&t=NKJV&q=Jonah
 http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Job&c=1&t=NKJV&q=Job

No comments:

Post a Comment