Wednesday, July 4, 2012

“I want to make the simple minded wise”

Proverbs 1: 2-4 The Living Bible
 “He wrote them to teach his people how to live- how to act in every circumstance, for he wanted them to be understanding, just and fair in everything they did. “ I want to make the simple-minded wise!” he said.  “I want to warn young men about some problems they will face.” ”
 
When I was 17 years old, I started college.  I was a determined young woman who had a dream.  I was going to start at a community college for a couple of semesters, and then transfer out of state to a Baptist college to receive a degree in Youth Ministry and Psychology. I was going to get married at 18, finish college at age 20, and then begin a life of splendor at age 21.   I never did go to that fancy school and major in Youth Ministry or Psychology.  Well, at age 18, I was not married.  At age 20, I didn’t graduate college.  When my 21st birthday rolled around, I was no where near a life of what I thought was splendor.  Those were my determinations, and my plans.  I was a simple-minded person who needed wisdom.
            Through it all, the Lord makes us stronger and wiser.  His ways are filled with riches, even though we can’t see them right away. 
            Romans 9:4 states, “God has given you so much, but still you will not listen to him.  He took you as his own special, chosen people and led you along with a bright cloud of glory and told you how very much he wanted to bless you.  He gave you his rules for daily life so you would know what he wanted you to do. He let you worship him, and gave you mighty promise.”
            No matter your goals in life, be it family, career, or college, the Lord has given you the path to walk to make it towards His plans for you.  The Word of God is your guide book! Use it, because you will need it for the rest of your life.  It isn’t hard sometimes.  Believe me, I know.  In the end, it become worth it. 
I love how much God loves to practice the art of English. He has used Metaphors, Hypothesis, Social perspective, Editing, Assessment, Drafting, Looping, and lots of Punctuation to mold me into the person I am today.  And the desires of my heart have not been forgotten because the deepest desires have been placed there by Christ alone.  He is might to give me the man of my dreams, put my through every college course I may ever have to take, and provide me with every ministry He desires for me to be apart of.  Life isn’t always filled with  what we think splendor looks like.  The splendor that never ends is the beauty of His Creation!
Life is a journey worth walking through with Jesus Christ.  But don’t be discouraged when something doesn’t go as planned.  These trials and troubles make it clear how you can’t plan your life without Christ by your side.   Remember Romans 8:28. 
 
Word of Wisdom for The Week:  “Falling is hard, but knowing who is there to lift you up, makes the scrapes a little less painful.”
 
Dios le bendiga,
 
L. J. Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment