Saturday, July 28, 2012

Scriptures During Times of Comfort

When you are in a need of a quick refresher when the World seems to discourage you, run to the Word of God.  To start you off, here is a list of scriptures you might want to bookmark.

I am accepted/worthy: Romans 15:7, Psalm 139
I am never alone: Hebrews 13:5; Romans 8:38,39
Safety in God: Psalms 4:8
I am suffering: Matthew 5:10-12
I am victorious: 2 Cor 2:14
I am protected/ safe: Psalm 32:7
I am lavishly loved: John 15:9;Romans 8:38,39;Eph 2:4,5:1: 1 John 3:1
I have God's power. I am indwelt with the Holy Spirit: Acts 1:8; Eph 1:19, 3:16; Romans 8:9-11
I have been created for good works/ God knows my way: Psalm 37:23, 138:8; John 10:10; Eph 2:10
I have direct access to God as a believer: Eph 2:6; 1 Peter 2:5

When I need  to remember how mighty, how good, and gracious my Heavenly Father truly is, I run to the scriptures! I know within times of troubles it seems as though we are alone, but He will never leave us, nor forsake us( Deuteronomy 31: 6- "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”)

Continue to pray for the victims, families, and everyone else involved in the horrible Aurora Theater shooting.  The staff at Pardon Writers for Christ continue to pray that the Lord will do mighty things in Aurora for His glory, to comfort those who are broken, and that the Lord will bring peace to those who can't find rest during this dark time.

Much love,
L.J. Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment